Getting Your Avatar Pic on the Forum

:) I\'m sure this post should actually be in the FAQ section but wasn\'t sure if it would be noticed. I\'ve seen several people asking how to put their pic on the forum whenever they post a message. After reading in the FAQ section, here\'s how I got my avatar finally on.

To put your pic into the avatar spot, you have to have it somewhere on the net so that it has a URL, I use webshots \'cause it\'s free.

While in webshots...

go to the album that has your picture.

click on the picture you want to post.

on the right side of screen in the yellowish box select "link to it"

select the address in the " Direct Link to Image" section (it should highlight it)

right click and copy.

Then go the Avatar section in your profile and paste it there.

Your picture should pop up and when it does you\'re all set.

Carol, just go to Webshots.com and follow their instructions to set up your place and upload your picture. It\'s pretty easy. The free one has limited number of pics you can upload and the subscription one gives you more benefits. Just pic which one you\'d like. I use the free one as I really don\'t plan on uploading many pics.

If you\'re like me and don\'t want a "Public" album with a picture of yourself in it, just set up a "Private" album. That way you have the URL for the avatar, but don\'t have hundreds/thousands of people looking at your picture! :P

Remember too that your avatar pic should be no larger than 100 pixels on the longest side. I don\'t think it will work if the picture is larger.

Archived