Question

After all the Maintence and Cleaning I Finally got a practice piece loaded. Stitches are really nice.. except my goofs. LOL.. Question is can the chirp of the SR be turned down.?

Its a lot harder to move than my Juki, tomarrow I am going to look into the wheel adjustments. DH says they are fine, the tables level, the wheels are fine.

Thanks

I don\'t think you can turn the "chirp" down or off. I think that is to let you know it is in SR mode. You get use to it, then you don\'t even pay it any attention.

Be careful adjusting your wheels. I thought mine were too tight, then they were too loose, then the SR would work right, it was just one thing after another. You probably should try it for a while before you decide to make any adjustments.

Hi Edie,

The chirp can be quieted but not silenced. In a Sally Terry maintenance class many years ago she said to open the top hood and wrap black electrical tape around the "chirp box". It is a small black box at the far back of the machine.

Wrap it with enough tape to tone it down--it is a safety feature that you will soon learn to integrate into your brain as just part of the quilting process!

Really, after a while it will just be background noise, but at first it will drive you batty!

Edie

Yes I agree it does drive you batty at first. It is more annoying when you\'ve stopped to consider what direction to go next and you\'re standing there ummming and arrring. When I realise My brain is in this sort of mode, I just flick the SR off - noise gone. Then when I finally decide where I\'ll go to next, I flick it back on.

As Linda stated, it is a safety feature - believe me having hit my finger with the needle of my old shortarm, I really do appreciate this safety feature. Luckily it only went through the skin, but the thud was awful and I was very lucky it didn\'t hit the bone.

Regards, Judy

Archived