Those dang abbreviations

Thanks to Mary Beth and Brad for steering me in the right direction re the abbreviations used on this forum.

I must say that I\'ve been wondering what a lot of it means and it\'s a good thing you can\'t see my blank face as most of it shoots straight over my head.

I\'d like to give you the link, but don\'t know how to do it!

Mary Beth, help! Would you mind posting it again for everyone else?

Judy

Hi Judy

You just find the page using the search feature. Once you\'ve found it, right click in the URL. A drop down menu should appear. Take your cursor to \'copy\' You can then place the link anywhere you likeby taking the cursor to where you want the link to appear. Right click. On drop down menu press copy. As if by magic the URL will appear as a link.

Judy, I totally sympathize with you.. I wasn\'t about to admit to the kids how many of the short cuts I didn\'t have a clue about.. Most of my learning what they meant was from others asking what it meant. Well after about 8 years I guess, now.. on the internet.. I can pick most of them out. I do admit MMQ threw me, I thought it meant "Mottley Mentors Quilt etc.. lol, sorry ladies..

just think up a few of your own. Like SYDMASUSC\'s Shut your darned mouth and stop using short cuts.. well, that\'s totally rude.. but you get the idea..

One day you will be able to laugh about it and tell others what they mean, without even having to look them up.

RitaR.

My friend sent me an e-mail after she found out that my big brother had died and she signed off with "lol"

I was truly shocked. Not every one loved my bro but " Laugh out Loud" was a little extreme. How could she think it funny? I just sat there openmouthed until my DD suggested that maybe she meant lots of love, and then I did laugh out loud! So now when I see it I ponder as to which one could it be. I still think it\'s Laugh out Loud.

cheers Satu

Archived