BW on milli advice/help

My Dilemma is :

On my milli bobbin winder my thread will not pull smooth out of bobbin case , it pulls smooth then jerk jerk jerk s etc . I use metal bobbin with one smooth side / one side with holes . Bottom line thread

This just started yesterday , all was fine until then :o

What could the problem be ?

What I have tried to fix :

cleaned bobbin case

a new bobbin case

different cone of thread bottom line

any advice ??

Heidi , I did check the boobin winder , no hang ups that I can see .

Yes bobbin is filled , its firm , I stood and watch as it was winding .

Also tried a different bobbin , tried 5 different ones all are the same .

When put in the towa , when it pulls smooth tension is around 15 when jerking tension is at 20 to 40 . I cannot get it to drop at all . It feels so tight even in the machine you can pull the bobbin thread and feel it jerking then smooth then jerk etc .....:(

It is still stitching ok , not perfect but still sewing .

thanks for your input , will call APQS Tech Monday am before work

with the jerking motion you can\'t get good tension

I am really surprised that it will sew at all .

I haven\'t had that happen but is the spring thing that is in the bobbin stuck or bent or missing. There is a piece of metal inside the bobbin case that Dawn talks about in the DVD sent with the machine. It can be removed and adjusted some how. Maybe there is something wrong with that.

Charlotte

Carol...really stupid question here....Is there a tiny chance that you have the bobbin in backwards...so the thread isn\'t pulling off like it should. I\'ve done that a couple of time when I was really tired or in a hurry and it took me hours to figure out what I did wrong. When that happens its time to go home to bed.;)

Charlotte no I did check that also , even tried a new bobbin case .

Bonnie not a stupid question at all for that is the first think I thought of . Its in the correct way .

So we have checked alot of stuff what can be left ? It must be something in the way its winding , for it happens when I put the bobbin in a new case . I am total at a loss of what it could be . Wishing we had 24/7 tech support .

Monday will be here soon .

any more ideas ?

Here is a thought--I have used BL bobbins a lot and sometimes the poly thread will catch like that in the Towa gauge when I test it. It will be nice and smooth and then jerky-jerk in the gauge.

I adjust the case to where I like it--usually 17 or so--with the smooth pull and don\'t worry about the jerky part. I think the hard twist of the poly thread isn\'t happy against the tension finger in the case. I put a drop of Sewer\'s Aid on the bobbin thread and it seems to work fine. The silicon makes the thread calm down and slide through smoothly.

I hope this helps a bit and you can stitch again soon.

I\'ve noticed this problem too. I put a teenie bit of oil inside the bobbin case and carefully wipe it out with a small corner of cloth to absorb any excess. This has worked for me quite well. Then I can get a more accurate reading on my Towa guage. I\'ll try out the sewers aid suggestion next time too.

Bonnie

You might want to try a prewound bobbin and see if you experience the same problem. I think it might be the way the thread is coming off the cone of thread as you are winding your bobbins. You may have a bad cone of thread. You might try to put the cone on upside down and see if that helps. I had a similar problem. I never did really figure out my problem for sure. I finally bought a Turbo Bobbin Winder and I use that now. Good luck - I know it\'s very frustrating.

Kerry,

There are no silly questions on this forum. Every question is valid. It took me some time to figure out just what the Towa guage was too. It is a little device that can be used to check the tension on the bobbin. The bobbin and case are put into it and the thread pulled through a series of pully like things (hows that for techie) and you get a reading. Some people swear by them, others don\'t like them. I got mine from APQS.

Pamela

Archived