Havin One of Them Days

Hey Mary Beth, me too, been kinda pokin\' around with my customer\'s quilting jobs, can\'t seem to focus! I finally gave up and worked on some of my UFO\'s on my DSM and feel much better! I\'ve got 2 tops pieced and ready for borders and one done and at the LQS, it\'s the strip club sample for Christmas in July.

So I say have the custard, work in the garden a bit and relax, it will come back. We just all expect too much of ourselves sometimes. :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MaryBeth - I\'m glad that you are turning that funk upside down. James is one of my favorite books in the bible. And chapter 1 is a good place to get re-balanced --like tires when they get a little wonky, we also need to be re-balanced once in awhile. Just to get a new perspective on things. Take care my friend. :cool:

ps. when I throw things I don\'t have time to look around cause I\'m usually too frustrated to do so :mad:, and the other day I almost hit the cat......Now, I\'ve determinded to not do that anymore. And my DH said he was going to come into the quilting room and just point at me when I do that. So now I have to be good......I think I can, I think I can, I think I can:o

Patty Jo...you can!! You can!!

Actually, I haven\'t made it to James yet. Today I read 2 Coninthians 4:7-10 - for me it was encouraging. I\'ll tackle James tomorrow :D

Also, I emailed my preacher - while in my funk - because he called our house the other night and when we read the caller ID we opted to let it go to voice mail :o Sooo, being the softy that I am, I emailed him - in my funk - to thank him for calling to check on us. Because I am stupid....I spilled my guts about the funk and ended up scheduling an appointment to talk. :o How do they do that?!

After 1 hour or so of spilling my guts and using the only two kleenexes in the box in his office - I feel so much better....:cool:

Thank you all for your uplifting-ness this week....I think the combination has put back on the straight and narrow and I am ready to get back to quilting...

Archived