Northern Minnesota quilt shops??

Hi all--we are leaving for our annual family vacation to Northern Minnesota--this is a new resort for us--and wondering if anybody knows of a nice quilt shop to visit in the Detroit Lakes area.

I believe that our resort is about 45 minutes North of Detroit Lakes--it is called Jolly Fisherman--so hopefully my 2 fisherman are jolly with fish all week.

Thanks for all your help.

Terri,

I hope I catch you before you take off on your vacation. A good friend of mine lives in that area, so whenever I visit her, we terrorize quilt shops together. A favorite is Bay Window in Perham, and I usually spend $100 on "bargains" in that shop. The Back Porch and Quilted Ladybug are also ones we check out. Think the first is by Detroit Lakes, the second by Fargo. Fargo is nearby, so you may want to check out those shops as well. Perham is a cute little town with a couple of neat places to have lunch or "tea". This friend and I are doing our second annual outdoor quilt show next month. In fact, she even put together a website for it. www.gardenquiltshowandtea.com. It's in Lake Park on August 23. We had 90 quilts displayed outdoors on their 2 story Victorian house and large garage and additional quilt holders installed in their yard.

Sharon G

Archived