Hay Newbie

The Circle Lord fits on all machine brands, check them out on there site for more info. I think it is www.circlelord.com... oh and this is Sue Patten not Jon Vorich... not sure why I keep coming up as Jon and not me, but I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong LOL Computers just love to mess me up....

Carol: The giant Swirls that I used on the pink quilt took about 5 minutes to set up. There are 3 long pieces that fit together like a puzzle piece. I also put a bit of blue painter's tape in several spots to help hold it in place, and I have it sitting on the Rubblemaid shelf liner. I just leave the shelf liner on the table unless I need to do a pantograph. In that case, I would need to roll it up for later. After I'm finished, I just leave everything up until I need to move it away to put something else up on the table. I did several quilts in a row using it, so it was there for a week or more. Also, Michael will make the CL giant templates to fit your machine. As an example, I have a Liberty on an 11' frame. He cut it to fit my odd size table. So, if you order, be very specific about your set up so he knows what to send you.

Is it worth the money? To me it is because I really like it. I'm not in business, so I'm only using it for my own quilts (I make a lot of gifts for family members). Will it pay for itself? Well, probably not, unless I go into business when I retire from my day job in a few years and actually get paid for the quilts I make.

Mary Beth - LOL

Sewhappy,

I did consider the other options when I finally took the leap to the CL. After looking at the other boards and companies, I went back to the message boards and read what others had written. Some of my favorite quilters were using the CL boards and I loved their quilting....and they absolutely loved thier CL and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I had another system and decided that if I sold it, I would buy the CL, if not, I would try my best to learn to use it. Thankfully it sold, and I took the leap. The others may be less expensive, but I love the ease of using the CL, no practice, not fuss, no muss....just put it on the table and away we go. And I love the results. And with a little imagination and maybe if I would practice...there are numerous possiblities of designs from one pattern board.

I'm not saying the other systems are not great too, I have never used them. This one just works for me.

Just my 2 cents worth - I have a CL and I love it. I also have pattern boards from R&S and they work exactly the same way. They are made of the same kind of material. I'm not sure why they are less expensive. I love the diversity of designs the other companies offer so I use both.

Hi,

Jan thank you for asking. I have often wanted to answer this question.

For the most part, Circle Lord templates appear to cost more

than other products. One reason is, that we make you buy more. The other is the value in the product.

If you have a 12 or 14 foot table, and want to do king quilts,

you should buy the longest length of the template. Some customers even take an extra length for the 14 ft. table.

It saves you time, frogging, and sanity. The actual cost per square foot is not much different. In many cases you get a template that does 2 or more patterns. CL giant templates

come in longer lengths that make handling easier.

The Circle Lord itself does not cost more than any other competing product. It appears to cost more because you have so many optional templates to buy. Even these small templates that cost more than an equivalent one pattern template are a better value because of the number of patterns

that come with them. The Featherz template with 12 patterns

is a good example. Another is the Aztec with 500 patterns.

These are complex patterns not simple shapes. They are easy

to do, and can be centered very accurately.

Our product has value that lasts. Six year old Circle Lord products are still getting 70 to 80% of there original cost - of course, there are exceptions for models that are custom built.

When you buy Circle Lord products, you get personal service and a good product warranty. For the most part, we have replaced lost or broken parts for free and have even paid the shipping. Even second owners have had this service - around the world.

We help you with your investment in quality production tools,

with our payment plan. For new longarm owners, this allows you to earn while you learn. For experienced quilters, you can produce faster to save time for the "fun" custom work.

What other product has so much information available - websites, blogs, videos and customer comments? Just Google to see.

This is my story, and I am sticking to it!

Cheers,

Michael

Archived