size of pantographs

I figure that on the Liberty you have about 12" of work space, so I pay particular attention to the size of the panto. I love my Liberty but if I'd known better, would have gone for a bigger machine, definitely. Not only would you have more choices of pantos but also less rolling time. I do find that more and more designers are putting out patterns with the smaller machines in mind.

I'm currently waiting for new pantos from Nichole Webb, they are all 11" and look great!!! Can't wait. I am actually putting off doing a couple of quilts just to try her designs on.

have a nice day :) Sandra

Hi Kathy,

This is the reason I ask what machine the person has when they place an order for patterns. (This information is then kept in "your personal file".

I've used a 12" pattern on my Liberty, BUT the quilt was only lap size, and it was really "iffy" getting it to fit when I got close to the end.

Try to stay with 10" or 11" patterns. Many of the newer patterns will work with the smaller throat machines as *some* of the designers are beginning to pay attention.

If you order a pattern that I know won't work with a smaller machine, I can alert you to that fact when you place the order, whether by phone or e-mail.

On the Millennium, there aren't any size restrictions, and now that the back carriage rails have been shortened, you can get right close to the back of the machine as you "go in deep" to do that 2nd row. :D

Archived