Please share pics of setup for monitor etc

Marg Layton

I have put in my order for a CompuQuilter to be retrofitted to my Millie. I guess you can say I will now be able to rename my Millie. How about Thorougly Modern Millie? LOL

I would appreciate it if some of you could share pics and sources you used for how you have set up the monitor, keyboard and mouse for your CQ. I don't have a whole lot of space for the set up, and a wall mount is not doable for me. This is so exciting, sort of like preparing for a new baby. I want to be sure the "nursery" has everything I need for when my new baby finally arrives.

Marg, I have a picture of what I did on my webshots page (I think this link should get you to the correct album

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1427516148067357980sfufCy )

I bought a monitor stand from, I think, CompUSA and attached it to the side of my Millie frame. I am able to push the monitor off to the side and against the wall when not in use and I can pull it toward me when I'm working with the CompuQuilter. The keyboard has a spot to rest on this stand. When I am using the CQ, I tend to sit the keyboard on the rails and try not to knock it off.

I'm sure there are better ways to set things up, but this works for me and it was fairly inexpensive and easy to put together.

Oh yeah, back in 2005 I posted a picture for someone else who had a stand similar to this. If you check back in the CompuQuilter forum (I think on page 9 near the bottom) you'll see a post by QuilterSue.

Marg,

I copied Sue, also. it has worked well for me. The biggfest problem was getting the stand attached to the round pipe.

I had thought APQS was offering a similiar option, for the monitor. But I looked and didn't see anything.

For the mouse I went with a trackerball style. That way I don't have to have space to move the mouse.

The keyboard sits on the rails when I start a row. I have a wastbasket near by, and the keyboard goes on there when not in use.

Ann

There was a previous post about this, and I posted pictures of my monitor mounted on the ceiling. It was relatively cheap, and easy to install. It works really well for me!

Here is the post:

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=4214&page=1#pid50026

Also, I got a small wireless keyboard and mouse...they are great, but I am looking into a wireless mouse and keypad combo, because I think it would be great to not have to carry the keyboard with me. (It is too small to fit on the handles of the machine.) I rarely use anything but the keypad on the keyboard, so I'll just park it near my hard drive.

Good luck!

Archived