Table Size??

Table size is more a fact of what you can handle in your space that you will be quilting in. Than one being better than the other.

I have a 12 foot table and have done up to king quilts on it with no problems....the 14 foot would have been better for this size of a quilt, but in the 11 years that I have been quilting, I can honestly say I have only done 5 that would have been easier if I had had a bigger table....

I was advised when I bought my Millie to get the largest table I had room for. Since I had plenty of room I got the 14' table and sure have never regretted it. It is very nice to have the room to park my CL to one side and to park the head off the quilt when not quilting. I also have room to put a practice panel on even with a very large king size quilt going.

It is really convenient to have room to maneuver all around your table so keep that in mind and get the biggest you can. The price is the same so space constraints would be the only limiting factor in my mind.

Gerri,

Is your Millie going in a basement? You should double check the clearance in your stairway, but there may be an alternative - do you have windows in your basement? That was our fallback when we were moving my Millie into our basement, but luckily, our outside stairs had enough clearance.

Good luck!

We, too, used the windows. My staircase has a turn in it and, gee, those rails just don't turn real well. Sooo, a son and son-in-law came and climbed a very tall ladder and put them in through the windows. Everything else came up the stairs just fine. Had it all set up and running in just a couple of hours.

Archived