KC Shophop / Sleepover

Sounds like we may have to make extra trips to Sheridan's MB to avoid the heat. :P:P Hopefully it will be a little cooler by the 15th.

It was stinking hot here yesterday. There were some power outages out where I live. Not fun in that kind of heat. Fortunately, it was pretty short lived for me. However, others were without power for quite awhile. They were saying yesterday it was because of the increased load on the system due to heat. Today they are saying there was a blown fuse somewhere causing the outages.

Debbi

Dh is rethinking that trip to the lake with the heat like it is...although I don't think he has really thought out what if would be like to stay home :D

MM, there are two campers there, although yours may be in a little better shape than the one that is for "company". Neither camper is air conditioned...but then...it wouldn't be "camping" if they were would it?!:o

The up side is...it is Truman Lake where the fishing is always so good....the down side, Truman Lake has been flooded for most of the summer and I don't think there are any boat ramps out of the water....fishing probably stinks this year. (BTW, DH skipped church yesterday and went fishing...caught a crappie that was around 15", along with some other very nice size crappie).

Darn, I wish Mrs. Margie could come....I really would like to meet her....one of these days!!

Yes Debbi, sounds like I need to map out all of the Sheridan's aournd town :D

Truman has always been a consistant crappie lake, but it's a long haul from here. I usually head to Table Rock. The crappie fishing's not as good, but it's closer, and I can "not catch" just as many fish there as I can "not catch" at Truman.

My Ranger is a boat, and I hope it never hears that you confused it with a camper...:)

Actually, he might come in handy if he stays around there. When Margie had her quilting weekend here, I tried to get away, but got roped into being the "in house" maintenance man. I was amazed at the problems a group of women can cause when they all get their machines going. I adjusted tension until I needed MY tension adjusted, timed one machine and raised the feed dog height on another. I taught proper threading and oiling technique and generally couldn't get out of the house. It was kind of fun, but I'd have rather been fishing - of course, it wasn't 108 in the shade either...

OK, Mary Beth, tell Rod that we will not make him do any kind of maintenance or oiling on your machine while we are there. If the 4 of us cannot figure it out a machine problem, then we'll just go to Sheridans.:D

OK, and no soap-opera watching while he is in the house. He can stay home. If he's nice, we might even bring him back a sundae from Sheridan's.

Archived