You can buy a Freedom with or without the Stitch Regulator....the cost between the two I believe is about $7000. And they already come with a built in Laser light....

You will have to call APQS to see what they have in the way of used machines...and what they would charge you for the upgrades you are looking at....

The Freedom SR is the Freedom with the Stitch Regulator and is $16,800.00. It does not have a lower thread cutter like the Millennium.

The Liberty with Stitch Regulator is $15,400 and you have a choice of table sizes. (The Lenni only comes with a 10 ft table). Also, there is a difference in the wheels between the Lenni and the other APQS Quilting Systems. The Lenni has vertical wheels and the Freedom SR and Liberty have horizontal wheels.

Also, there is free shipping this month on the Millenniums, Freedom SRs and Liberty.

If you go to http://www.apqs.com/machines_compare.php you can see all of APQS quilting systems listed side-by-side.

The stitch regulator feature is one of my favorite features of my Millennium and well worth the cost.

I have had a really basic Freedom for 3 years. I knew I wanted the largest quilting space I could get and budget concerns dictated the rest of the options. As it turned out, the only goodie I got was the laser. It wasn't included (at that time) but the whole thing was less than $10,000. The single stitch would have been nice, but now I turn the flywheel even with out thinking. Quite honestly, when I see some of the headaches that go with "all the bells and whistles", I really love my basic Freedom.

Hi gals,

I just had to share this cool thing I found on the internet. It calculates fabric required for blocks and gives you the cutting directions. It's so easy to use and for $3.75 you can download it to your computer and use it offline!:cool:

Maybe you all know about it but I wanted to share just in case there's someone out there who loves to design blocks but hates to figure everything.

Here's the site: http://vrya.net/quilt/index.php

Spread it around please:)

The SR Freedom lacks not only the Thread Cutter but it does not have the Electronic Channel Locks.

We had a Non SR Freedom in our studio for several years. It had all the options available that time. The needle Positioner/Single Stitch is a great option along with the laser light and Power Fabric take up.

The Non SR Freedom is ideal for the CompuQuilter. The basic Freedom is just that “Basic” with no options.

You can not add the APQS stitch regulator. If cost is a major factor we have used machines and sometimes the Green Millennium @$14,000. Contact you local dealer for more information and local customer service.

Over the years we have sold a few Freedoms but most everyone wants a SR.

It is just like buying a car, you don't need AC, Automatic Transmission or Power Windows but most people buy these options. Once you have these options most people would not go back to not having them

John

Archived