Circle Lord Baptist Fan

dana-home-designs

Dee

Just treat it as if you had a full row. If you have enough backing on the bottom stitch as usual off the end of the quilt *NOTE* I use 505 to spray baste the edge of the quilt when I do this to keep the edge from catching. When I do this I do a running stitch along the botton of the quilt before taking it off the leader. It may not be necessary but it makes me fell better:) If you do not have enough backing fabric just stitch to the edge of the your quilt top with the arc and stitch in the binding area over to the next arc. Continue in this manner across the row.

Myrna

When I first saw this question, I was thinking you could go across the top and do half rows just like on a panto and I even posted how I do that. Then I realized with the CL, the stylus is down in the grooves so you can't do that . . so I deleted my response.

When you do the Baptist Fan, are you working from the back or front of the machine?

Thanks!

I was thinking that would work. I wouldn't want to have to count on running off the edge of the quilt . . scares me about cutting all those threads and taking a chance on them unraveling.

But, I don't have the Baptist Fan yet so . . why am I concerned about this?:P

Now that we're on this subject, I wanted to know if any of you have had trouble stitching the last curve of the fan from left to right, the little inside one.

We know the LA machine doesn't like this angle and I've had some problems with my tensions changing on this last curve of the BF template. Michael suggested flipping the template over to change this angle and I haven't tried this yet. Wanted to see if anyone else has noticed a railroading on that last curve and if so what you did to help it.

I've been wondering if the titanium needles would help since they don't deflect as much? J

Maureen:)

Archived