Leg Card

Hey, wait a minute, I love that quilt. It is hanging in my studio right above my computer desk. And I paid good $$ for that beauty.

The leg card is correct though, it is really L.E.G. Card. It is a long and 36 year old story. But that's my names, all of them. The leg is Linda Eileen Gannon, not too Irish, eh.

And as long as we are talking about it, I bought the quilt at the Audacious Auction at MQS. Audacious: what else would you call the big guys from APQS, Gammill, Nolting, etc running around a ballroom wearing coconut bras and grass skirts displaying quilts for auction? :D

(This is where I wish Mary Hibbs would jump in) For those who don't know, MQS has an auction every year. The quilts are donated by teachers and other quilters. The proceeds go to providing scholarships to quilters for MQS classes the following year. Anybody can donate a quilt. It is a worthy cause.

I got Mary Beth's quilt though I am still wondering who was bidding against me from the other side of the room. Was that you Claudia or maybe Dawn C or Inga? But my bid won out. I had several folks autograph it and it came home with me, legcard.:D:P:P

Hey Leggy! ;)

Yes, I will attest that in fact it was our LEG who won that audacious quilt made by the amazine MB. I was sitting only a few seats away from all the whoopin and a hollerin with those bids. :P I am glad that Linda won it. It really is a very cool quilt!

(I still giggle thinking about those guys prancing around in their grass skirts, aloha shirts and coconut bras. What a hootnahalf and sure was a sight to behold!)

Archived