Lenni Table Orientation

jspokane

I am setting up my new Lenni today and am not sure which way to position the table in the room. The directions say the freehand side needs less space, so that may be the best side to put towards the wall, but this is the side I will probably use the most. HELP! Any suggestions? Julie

I set mine up the same way. Had an older no name quilter before so was able to learn from that. I'd say it depends on which side you will be using most. You still won't want it tight against the wall.. you'll need room to clean, adjust wheels, or the SR sensor wheels, I go around the table to change threads so I don't have to lean over.. We have about 16" between the back end of the carriage and the wall, for us to smush past for working.

Good Luck, congrats on the new toy and I hope you just relax and enjoy playing with it. It can be SO much fun!

RitaR

Thank you ladies so much. My gut was telling me to set it up with the freehand side out AND that is the way they had it set up at MQX when I tried it out. I have the room to pull it out from the wall about 2-3 feet, so I should have space on the panto side. Julie

Hi Julie, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Lennie. I also have my panto side toward the wall. One think that you might think about is putting some of the "Sliders" (plastic discs found at Home Depot, or Lowes) so that if you do need to move your machine from time to time, these will help you be able to do it easily. I have a hard surface in my studio, but still have these under the feet so that I don't scratch the floor when I move it. Then if you have to go corner to corner with the machine to do panto's, then you can move it back while on the front of the machine. Just a suggestion.:cool:

Archived