any design ideas?

I have a one block wonder a co-worker is going to teach in class. I am thinking of doing circles, lots of circles what do you all think. Any advice is appreciated. Of course I have to be able to post the picture which as you are all finding out seems to be a challenge for me:):):)

Hi Tracey

For me, posting pictures was more of a challenge than running my Millie, but the way that I learned how to post pictures is to search here (upper left corner right below the APQS logo), put in posting pictures, posting pics, etc until you find a post, then print it out so that you can follow the steps. I'm a person who learns from seeing someone do it, rather than reading the directions (in other words a button pusher) and because I'm more visual it took me over a year. And just incase you have already tried this and are still having problems, here is what I do.

First - I always use either the Topic or the Reply buttons. Topic to start a new thread, reply to add to an existing thread. (these are found just above the quick reply that I'm using right now). Dissable any popup blocker that you may have going. I post my pictures into webshots (there are many different FREE places to post your pics). After the pics are on the web, you can go to the picture and click on it, get the URL address, right mouse click and then left click on copy. Go back to your thread that you are posting a picture too, and click on reply (or topic if a new thread). When that screen comes up, there is a small icon that has a mountain in it, that represents a picture. Click on that and another small box comes up. Paste your URL that you have copied into that box and then enter. You can repeat this to post more than one picture in a post, but you do have to be able to open a second window to toggle back and forth between your webshots (or ??) APQS because if you leave APQS in the middle of a post, it erases it all. So I usually open up 2 windows in my Explorer. I hope this may help, there are others that have posts on doing something with paint, but my eyes just glaze over when I tried to follow those instructions. Maybe its because I've never used paint and don't understand any of the language that is used, (at least that's what I think as I have never been able to figure out how to resize a picture) and using webshots (and others) gives you that opportunity by clicking a box. As I said, I'm a visual person and webshots has a window to the right and down from the picture where you can select the size that you want. You can also use this resizing box to post your Avatar picture. Keep trying - I embarassed myself many times when I first got on here and for quite a while had everyone going to my webshots to look, and most of us can do that too, except for those who are in an area that only gets dial up. Hope that it helps some.

Patty Jo's directions are great. The only thing I did differently so I wouldn't have to have lots of windows open was copy and paste all my pictures addresses into a 'Stickies Note' which is Macs answer to 'Notes' or a text file in Windows. Then I opened my APQS forum and started my new post. At that point I copied and pasted each URL from my 'stickes note' into the right place as Patty Jo starts (the mountain icon).

thanks Patty - your directions are great and they worked!!!!:D Tried it this am and was successful!!

Thank you very much Patty Jo, I will try this again tonight. We are going to my mother in laws for dinner so don't have time now. Look for me later!!! Sue Patten so nicely offered to post for me but then I don't learn how to do it myself. I am also absolutely positive she has a gabillion other things to do than post pics for me:D

Take Care

Tracey

Archived