Armor All On Carriage Wheels

Has anyone used ArmorAll Protectant to clean /protect the wheels of their machine carriage?

It is supposed to protect and shine vinyl, rubber, plastic and leather. I was wondering if a cotton bud of this wiped on the wheels would help them to be "slick" on the rails.

I had thought I had read somewhere that you could use it to clean the rails - can't find that anywhere now - so the next step would be the wheels too.

I'll wait until I see if anyone else has tried it first. Don't like to be a guinea pig! or the techies might pipe in and warn me not too.

Lyn

Hi Lyn

I brush the centre groove of the wheel with an old toothbrush and then, with a piece of batting, I put it into the groove of the wheel and move the wheel side to side and that cleans off all the gunk.

I grab another dry piece of batting and run it from one end of the table to the other, along the outer rail edges.

I'd worry that ArmorAll might leave a film after time that would be harder to remove. Also I'm not sure if the black wheels are , even the slightest bit porous, if they are they could go out of shape, even a tiny bit would make a difference to how they move along he tracks.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

I just clean them with Rubbing Alcohol and Qtips. Then use a piece of batting to wipe the rails. After that I have a wax (Renaissance) that I put on the rails and then wipe off. JudyL showed me how well it works and I love the way my machine glides on the rails after I use it. Some folks say wax doesn't help, but it sure makes a difference in the way my machine moves.

Archived