Circle Lord and NO Stitch Regulator

Anyone using this tool with a non stitch regulator machine? Just curious if you wish you did have a Regulator?

I rarely use my SR on Milli except when doing ruler work. I love it love it for some tasks. My Ultimate I of course does not have a SR so I was just curious. I'm seeing some wonderful quilts using the Circle Lord. It is an impressive tool.

Feedback appreciated

Hugs to ya

Grammie Tammie

I'll jump in with my two cents. I use my SR when using me CL. In thinking about it, there are some templates that you could use w/o SR such as Swirls where you are not stopping in a corner, but I would think that the templates with a stop point would be hard w/o the SR. That being said, I would not be surprised if those of you who have never had a SR and are very good at quilting w/o one could do a great job. If I were you, I would ask Micheal at CL what he thinks. You would like him, no pressure what-so-ever, but he would answer your question better then I can.

Grammie,

A lot of CL users have older machines without S/R. I expect

they don't know the difference. Long Armers were using

pantos before the S/R. I think doing pantos, is not much different than using a long grooved template.

However, when it comes to our round stepping disk templates,

such as Feathers, where you do 1 segment, and then

move the template, it is easier to be in S/R, with the needle down.

You have to be more in control, without it.

Mary Beth thanks for your input.

Cheers,

Michael

I have a non-SR Freedom and don't have any problems with the CL- templates or long patterns. No, my stitches aren't all perfectly even, but they are pretty good. I can see where the SR would be nice for ruler work and when you stop to move the stepping disk, but the changing motor speed just gets on my nerves- makes me feel like I need to "keep up" with it. With the steady humm, I know how fast I should be moving. But I am worried about wearing out my on/off button :)

Archived