Circle Lord on a machine against a wall

smudges

Hi! I have a Milli with a 12 foot table. I have the right hand end of my table against the wall, which is also the side of the machine that the stylus is on.

I recently purchased a circle lord and went to use it today to do cornerstones on a border. Because of the wall getting in the way I can't move the template far enough over to fit between the wall and where I want to stitch my circle lord motif (and this is only a smallish quilt).

Any suggestions? Moving my machine away from the wall is not an option.

If I was to move my stylus holder to the other side of the machine am I likely to hit anything inside the machine when drilling a hole?

Thanks!

Susan

Susan,

As a guy, I would remove the wall. However, I can send you a 15"

slide arm. Or, you can take the slide arm and or base plate off from the cross bar, and put the base plate on mat and tape it down, just for the end sections. If it is the spirals or cross hatch, just hold them down on the table on mat and tape.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

Gator,

They are coming along.

Just testing now. The Push Button cross hatching system will be available in middle October. Just

setting up production now and then going away from Sept. 23 to

Oct 1. I will still be on Email.

The Water Spirits will be shown before we go.

We have a 1/2 inch crosshatch set of templates - left and right 18" x 36" to use with the PB system, or just from the back. These will jig saw connected if you want to do 72 inches at a time.

More later.

Cheers,

Michael

Micahel and Gator,

I'll have you know....my dad was a plaster by trade. My mom would leave for work in the morning and come home to find a new wall or an old wall gone or a new door way where a way use to be or something. That's were I get it :D My construction abilities, I mean :P:D In fact, we had an outdoor cat that would dart through the front door if you didn't watch out. He would run through the front door, across the livingroom, and into the kitchen. One day my dad did some remodeling and blocked up the doorway into the kitchen and moved it to the dining room. The cat didn't know. He darted through the front door and tried putting the brakes on as he was sliding across the hardwood floor. He slammed right into the newly plasted wall :D I'm just not as good at construction as my dad....but at least I try :D

Susan,

To get back to your problem.

I did some measurements and if you push the CL to the

left so that the slide arm is out under the fabric advance,

you have about 20 inches less on your canvas. this would leave

you about 110 inches to quil,t if the quilt is mounted offset to the left. Using the 15 inch slide arm would give you 120 inches.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived