Redid the sewing studio!

Caron,

I finally got to look at these photos. You are so organized, I love those bins by color. And that ironing board is huge. I think that I would love piecing in there. You have wonderful light and I bet you can find everything now that it is in its' place. ;)

And look at you, you even have a vase of flowers in there. I also think that you may have more bags and totes than me. Is that possible. This is like a little nest. I bet you love spending time in there.

Caron. ypu've proven small can work quite well! Don't you just love the container store?

I have the same grid and love it tho it has gobs more stuff on it than yours does. Must be why I can't find things on it!:D I've used the shelving system too and have it all around my walk in closet 5 shelves high on 2 walss and 3 on one. The 4th wall is a pair of 18"dressers 48" high that used to be in my master closet but they made it too crowded. They're from CA Closet. I put my best dressmaking fabrics in them.

We have the same DSM and iron as well as storage containers.

Janet, I think the containers with the blue tops that you like can be purchased at JoAnne's. I have several of them for pattern storage. They're the perfect size for that and can be stacked.

I'm cleaning up the space for my LA that will be arriving next Thurs. then I have to tackle my sewing room.

I'll be so clean and organized I'l be afraid to start a project.....Mmmm..not!

BTW I checked out your web and saw your patterns..I like I Like!

Thanks guys! To answer a few questions. The clear tote with the handled tops are called "Show-offs" and they stack very nicely. Rather than having low shelves that I would have to stoop for, I just grab a bin with the right color group and pick through. Keeps it nice and clean.

The top shelf is all manner of novelties (love 'em!) and the second shelf is all batiks-yum!

For the ironing board, I found a 16X60 melamine shelf, took the covers off the old ironing board (about 5 on there when I finally stripped it down), laid the metal ironing board on the back of the padded and covered shelf and screwed it down. I know some gals like to convert tables, but they were too wide, and I like to be able to raise and lower the surface so I can rest my tired feet when I have a lot of ironing to do.

More pics on my webshots...

The other tennant is Buffy (the Sheltie slayer!) and she is the softest silkiest kitty ever. And so sweet! She tries to be the helper kitty, and sometimes drives me nuts with her wanting loving...;)

post--13461900457076_thumb.jpg

Archived