Gaah!  I missed the deadline for MQX East this year though I had hoped to enter (and am super jealous of everyone who got to go) but see there will be a show in Illinois - the Midwest show.  Is this a competition like East and West?  Or is Midwest replacing West?  Can I enter a quilt and/or have I missed the deadline?  Or should I wait for next year?  I can't seem to find any information on quilt entry for Midwest.   :)  Thanks!

Yep!  The Midwest show is the Fall show - everything pretty much the same as the east show, just in a different location.  The Fall show was supposed to alternate between Springfield and Portland, but now that the IQA has moved their Long Beach, CA show to Portland, I'm not sure MQX will return.  Too many big quilting shows in the same city in too short of a time span does not bode well for attendance (we have the NW Quilt Expo in September), so I'm not sure if JL and Mary will just stick with Springfield or if they'll find another alternate location.  One thing for sure -- there will be quilts!  So yes, get your entry ready.

Boy that is great to know Helen, thank you!!  I'm totally new to entering shows, my only experience is what I've read and that of my customers who've entered quilts I've quilted for them.  I have dreamed about entering my own quilts for a long time but I just hadn't done it yet!!  I have one almost ready for MQX (so glad to have more time) - and I'm sending one to HMQS today!!!  Eeeepert!  I'm not expecting too much other than gaining some experience and critique but hopefully I can get someone to take pictures for me so I can prove my quilt was in a big girl quilt show!!!  LOL

Archived