Longarm Room Size

Where there is a will there is a way.

You can make just about any size room work, one way or the other. Various table sizes are available.

I started in a bedroom when the kids started leaving home. I love the space I have now but if the big tsunami hits us one day, I'll adjust again.

I used several resources when designing my new space. One very helpful book is "Creating the Perfect Sewing Space" by Lois Hallock.

Go for it.

This size room should work. Not sure how much you want to put in there but you will at least have room for a 14 ft table. I would leave 2ft on one side and push it up against the wall on the other. Of course you could always go with a 12 ft table. I like my 14 ft. table though! Amazing how quickly you can use it all up!

Keep in mind that with a 14 foot table, if you add the fabric advance option, your "table" now becomes 14'9". If you're skinny you'd have room to get around to the other side, but you might be more comfortable with a 12' or 13' table. APQS will customize the size of the table for you. I ordered one for a customer in Portland, OR several years ago that was 11'8". Every inch counts! :P

Your room is plenty big enough for a 12' machine.

I have a 12' Gammill in a room measuring 11 x 13 with a closet at the long end from which I removed the doors. About 1 foot of my machine is in the closet giving me walk around room at the other end, but I can move it out of the closet and back into the room when I need to work at that far end.

Archived