Stitch Length

Out of curiosity, what stitch length do most of you use. I usually like about 11 stitches to the inch but the other day by accident I did 10 stitches to the inch. They seemed a bit long, but when I had to frog an area due to problems with tension after changing bobbins :mad:, I found the 10 stitches per inch really made it much easier to get the stitches out. ;) (I was using my CompuQuilter on this section.)

Curious minds want to know :)

Hi Sue

I usually do 11 sts to the inch unless I am using a rainbow thread and then I go 10 so the thread can show more. I agree with you, its much easier to unpick with 10.

If I am doing stipple I would even go to more stitches per inch to get the good curves.

Sue do you have the zippered leaders - I find them so useful with the CQ. I can zip off the quilt that needs unpicking, zip on a new one and then unpick while the machine is quilting.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Originally posted by SueInAustralia

Sue do you have the zippered leaders - I find them so useful with the CQ. I can zip off the quilt that needs unpicking, zip on a new one and then unpick while the machine is quilting.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Sue, yes I have the zippered leaders and this is exactly what I did.

It looks like most people use 11 stitches.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ

I mainly use the 11 stitches per inch and I use a lot of verigated threads and then 10 stitches per inch.

I also have the zipper leaders and find them handy, especially when I was waiting for more thread to arrive. I bought extra zippers and I simply zipped off one quilt and added another one so I wasn't wasting time waiting for a certian color of the thread to arrive.:)

Jean

Originally posted by Grammie

I also use 11 but with regard to the CQ dial where do you keep it? How fast do you CQ or slow. Just curious about Speed with relationship to stitch.

Tammie, I've found that if I set my stitch length to 11 and then set the CompuQuilter "sew speed" dial to 100 (so the needle is straight up), the stitches are correct. If I increase the "sew speed), the stitches get bigger.:o

Is this the result that everyone has?

Yes Sue that's how it works.

Going fast makes me alittle nervous but I have had it going pretty fast as I was so curious.

I found the speed is ok if you have a design that has smooth moves and not alot of JAGGED moves that are really small. Nothing really dense. It does ok but jerky due to high speed.

This was a practice loading and with My customer quilts I haven't wanted to play with that idea. I like 11/100 also but do lower the dial depending on thread.

I love this CQ !!!!

Archived