What a day!

Well, as you know, MQX is over, and I got home last weekend after 2 weeks away. I'm having a heck of a time re-adjusting to getting to work-mode. I've been doing spring cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. and then today ....

Had a window of a couple of hours this am for personal time. Yes, I colored my roots...my first customer was not due until 12:30..she is assembling a tee shirt quilt for her son's graduation. She was early (1 hour) and caught me in my sweats, brushing out my new dye job. She stayed 3 hours, sizing her blocks (she interfaced them, but had "pinked" them to approximate size..) Then got 2 calls, one from a mom who wants to make a thank you quilt for her daughter's teacher. She wants ME to make the top and finish it. She's booked for the end of May, obviously the $XXX I quoted wasn't high enough to deter her. I have 2 tee shirt quilts to finish before the 20th, another queen to finish this week with 2 baby quilts. I received in 2 more quilts at dinner time, and my neighbor called "It's gonna be a boy" with another quilt order (baby not due until September). I have a glass of wine in hand with some cheese to settle me for the night....I'm beat and I never even made it to the machine.....

Here's a toast to you, my quilting sisters, Tony, Carla, Mark, and Connie at APQS and Millie....You are the best!

cynthia willard

As a newbie, I can tell you that I was alternating between laughing and freaking out at your day - if that was me, the top of my head would look like a skunk and I wouldn't even bother with the glass of wine - just give me a very long straw for that bottle!!!

Gina Savage:P

Here is a return toast to you Cynthia....from someone who just finished a huge order and now ready for some down time.....maybe. Now I need to clean house and play with all my toys that I got at MQX.

My glass to yours.

I had a day similar to that recently. I work at a doctor's office and one patient just spotted my card and asked if she could bring "a quilt" next time she came in. Well when she came in I was busy so I handed her my keys and she put it in my car. When I got home there were 3 quilts in my car from her and a note that she had several more. Then I got home and my husband said to listen to the machine, somebody had one they wanted to bring over if I could call as soon as I got home. And a girl we went to school with rescued a quilt top and backing fabric from her grandmother's estate auction (can we say musty...ugh) and of course my daughter-in-law is due in October and a cousin is due in September. Some days is just rains down opportunities.

Guest Linda S

I hear ya Cynthia! It seems the phone has been ringing off the hook since I got home. I even got a call while I was at MQX! I'm not taking any quilts till the 22nd though. I drew up a wholecloth design in Karen McTavish's class at MQX and my trapunto batting just arrived today. I'll be going upstairs in just a few minutes to put a chunk of that batting on and get to work! It's ME time!!!

Linda

Archived