Bobbin Thread hard to pull

I broke a needle last night.  I replaced the needle.  When the bobbin is not in the machine, the tension is ok and it pulls as it should.  As soon as I put it back in Millie I can pull the bobbin thread up but it doesn't want to pull freely and is hard to pull.  Any thoughts,?

Thanks,

Gail

Have you looked to see if there is any part of the needle jammed somewhere in the bobbin area?  did you find all parts of the needle?  Can you turn the hand wheel with out the bobbin case in?  are you using a pre-wound bobbin with cardboard sides?..Can you see any thread stuck in the bobbin area?  .Not an expert here...just trying to think what is happening....  Lin

Thanks Teresa, I will check that out.  It does seem to be better with a brand new case, I just have never had issues with a bobbin case before.  It is not skipping stitches or anything, it just made a mess of tension on the back side with lots of loops from the front sine it wasn't pulling bobbin thread.

Hi Gail, I had a similar problem and I was having a hard time figuring it out.  The bobbin tension was right on when doing the drop test but when I put it in my machine the bobbin thread would pull quite hard.  I finally realized I had the "fingers" on the bobbin spring bent too far out. Once I bent them down a little bit the problem was solved!

Hope you get it figured out! 

Thanks everyone.  I figure hitting the ceramic tile floor was probably too much for the bobbin case.  Things are going much better with the new one.  Now I just have eto order another one so I have a spare!  Will check up the bobbin dewarper as well.

Archived