Happy Veterans Day

As Abraham Lincoln said, "Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country's cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause."

I would like to thank all of you that have served your country in the defense of its freedoms and liberties, and as Lincoln so elegantly said the men and women who support the armed forces.  It is all citizens coming together working as one, regardless of race, color, creed, or gender that makes our nation great.  On the 11th hour of the 11th day and the 11th month, may all of you take a moment to remember the men and women that keep us free.  As the percentage of the population that served in the military continues to decrease, it becomes more important to remind everyone  the importance of protecting our liberty.

Cagey

yeppers....my dad served in the army during WWII.  He was in the second wave that hit Normandy Beach.  By the end....he saw most of his group killed in action....he was one of about eight that survived....He was wounded.....he got a purple heart....never talked much about his experiences over there......I found a letter he had written to my mom after both had past away...he wrote of how he hoped to see her again.....and asked her to pray for me that he would come home.......she must have......

Archived