PICTURES????

sdrogers

There is no stopping her now!!! LOL

I LOVE all your photo's Noreece! One could get lost in all that space. I am expessially fasinated with the rods that Bill built. LOVE that idea and may have to beg my man to copy you!

I have no idea how to change the text, but I wonder if it has something to do with the formatting mode boxes to the right? I see the check mark on my screen is set to normal.......TAD, can you answer this one?????

Oh, I'm so jealous, to have a window like that to not only look out of, but it must be heaven to have the natural light to sew by....heavy sigh, to some day have something like is a dream....what a beautiful set up.

Bonnie

Norece

I found this in the freq. asked questions.

Can I delete a message?

Yes, click the 'Edit' button on one of your own topics, and then select the '! Delete this message !' check box, and click 'Edit Post'. You can not delete a post if it is the first post in the thread.

How do I edit one of my posts?

You can edit a post by clicking on the 'Edit Post' button underneath your message. You can only edit your own posts and sometimes this feature is disabled.

If this does not help email the webmaster Tad.

Great space, Norece! I have my machine along one wall of my kitchen, squeezed in with my kitchen table. It is the only space I have that was large enough to put it, and to put it there, I had to get a new little-bitty kitchen table so they would both fit in the space! But worth it, as I'd rather have my longarm any day instead of a larger table! I loved your room, though--all those windows....lucky!!

Love the natural light and all those windows... I especially love the cutting table and I can feel a home depot trip coming my way! I need something with doors... I think I may :P have too many goodies, but you just never know when you'll need something ...

Thanks for sharing!

Norece, thanks for sharing pictures of your great sewing space. Looks super organized to me!

I move tons and over the years have had many different sewing area. I too had Home Depot cabinets once and loved them - the perfect height for me for cutting. I have had my own room, a corner in the family room, even a door set across a pile of cinder blocks on one side and a small filing cabinet on the other in a hallway - hey it worked and I was happy to have my sewing space.

It is always so interesting to see how other people set up their areas - loved your idea for wall of quilts! What a great way to not get crease marks on your quilt tops! And I noticed that you have brand new rotary cutting blades on the back of your closet wall (grin!).

Thanks for sharing and happy quilting!

-Evelyn

aka Starfishy

WOW!!!! I am sooooo jealous!!! Not just for your awesome room and lighting, but for your "stash" of so much fabric, thread & notions. Maybe I missed it, but do you have any special storage for your quilting patterns & pantos? I recently bought an over the door shoe caddy hanger that has like 24 pockets the I have rolled up my pantos to keep them in.

Another question... I am currently trying to get a "portfolio" together with pictures of the quilting I have done, a price list & I want to have copies of the various quilting patterns I have to offer. My thought is to separate teh patterns / pantos by price range. Any other thoughts of what I should or need to include.

• 1 year later...

Norece, how did you do these??? I have my pics in iPhoto, but can't figure out how to get them on this page. What's the secret? I read the page that's supposed to explain that, but there is no "upload field" that I can see. Would love to post my "studio" pics etc.

Norece,

Thank you, thank you for the tour of your studio. I have gotten a few ideas, the best being the curtain rods for quilts.

Each week could one person give a tour of their studio? I don't want to be overwhelmed by everyone's at one time but would like to get a peek at them all.

Sue, Norece's room is even better than the pictures make it look. It is a huge room. There is plenty of space to move around, lots of storage. The view into her backyard is fantastic. I wish I had a room like that. I only have a 10 x 14 bedroom to use and it is very cramped. I don't have much room to even turn around, and it is almost impossible to get behind my machine to do any pantos or laser light work.

When you click Topic - to start a new topic, or if you hit reply to reply to a thread already started there should be a list of items below the box you type your message in...Disable smilies? Use signature...yada, yada, then below that is a blank box and a button next to it that says Browse - click that and it takes you to your files.

Ok, girls (and chuckster if you're there!), here, I hope, is a picture of what I call my studio. Of course, I don't actually sew in there, I sew across the hall in the dining room, but it's a dining room. Nice huge table though, so maybe I'll put in a picture of it too later. Here goes!

All right, so I'm computerly challenged and I never knew it, LOL! I'm going to try again today, now that you're totally fed up with me and have gone off elsewhere. At least I'll know how to do it, and then when I have something really good to post, like a WIP (I love that ac.), I can do it right away instead of waiting till next summer. :D Thanks to dancingstitcher Vicki!

Oh, the drawers are sitting on two boxes of stuff I won't get to for quite awhile, and all on a rolling cart that's supposed to be for hanging clothes, but I'm using to drape my WIP. Tomorrow I go to a machine quilting class at my LQS so it can become a finished work (sort of!). The stuff behind is all my sewing paraphernalia (is the spelling police out there somewhere, LOL! Just want you to know that my own colloquialism, yup) which I am still in process of arranging.

Daughter's b-day party tonight so may not get back until tomorrow. Quilt on!

Archived