Electronic Channel Locks

Carol,

Thanks for your interest in the new upgraded channel lock system.

We have detailed pictures and instructions to help with the installation.

The upgraded system is very impressive. I have had one on my sew off table, since July and it has never failed.

We are very excited about them. There will be a small wait, lots of people on the list already.

Call me for the rest of the info.

1-800-426-7233 ext.6

M-F 8-5 p.m.

Connie

APQS service

Carol,

Thanks for your interest in the new upgraded channel lock system.

We have detailed pictures and instructions to help with the installation.

The upgraded system is very impressive. I have had one on my sew off table, since July and it has never failed.

We are very excited about them. There will be a small wait, lots of people on the list already.

Call me for the rest of the info.

1-800-426-7233 ext.6

M-F 8-5 p.m.

Connie

APQS service

• 2 months later...

I got my Millenium in October and love it, but I have found that about once every couple of weeks I am having to adjust my channel locks because the 'grip' starts giving and they can easily be swayed off course. Any suggestions? I'm sure it's partly a newbie thing because I keep forgetting that they are on and then realize that they are after I've try to move against them. But now that I have been really watching that they still are loosening after a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Jess

Jess, mine go off course really easily also. Talked to Mark yesterday and when I had the channel locks so they held it was really difficut to move the machine when they were off. Husband played with the adjustments some and at least I can use them if I'm really careful. Also am a newbie so it may be something I'm doing. jeri

I found that I when I had loosened my wheels to the point discussed in the video, I had loosened them so much the channel locks didn't work.

I since tightend the wheels and the channel locks now work. However, I find the machine seems heavy to operate. I'm toying with loosing the wheels again and giving up on the channel locks altogether.

Does anybody know how to tell what wheel should be loosened to get that perfect feel for the machine? This is one area that I would love to have Sally Terry spend 5 minutes on my machine to adjust for me. Definitely one of the disadvantages of installing yourself.

Last week I did a small project back on my domestic machine and as a result became discouraged of the look of my quilting on the Millenium. My quilting on my domestic machine is significantly better. I have no problems there with smooth curves and following the lines. On the Millenium, I do not have the control that I do on my domestic and it definitely shows. And I've certainly done my share of ripping as it is a lot more difficult to tell tension problems as they are happening. I just cannot seem to "feel" when there is a problem. I'm also concerned that by "practicing more" I'm just getting more use to "bad habits". If you do something bad long enough, it starts to feel right.

Back to my first issue. As new person it is difficult to know when you have the wheels on the machine set just right. Any suggestions from more experienced people out there?

Kari

Getting the right adjustments can be a little tricky. Also keep in mind that this machine is probably much bigger than your other one. If you are standing at the back of the machine on the right side are your adjusting wheels. Make sure the narrowest part ( from the outside of the hole to the outside of the bolt) are in the right place. So, when looking straight ahead the front wheel (narrowest part of bolt) should be at about 4p.m. the back wheel, which does adjust the channel locks and the head should be more at 5-5:3o p.m. You can go to 3 p.m. on the front as long as it isn't to sloppy on the carraige. If it still feels hard to move, then we need to adjust the carraige wheels. If you go to the front of the machine and look at the adjusting bolts, one on the left and one on the right. again they need adjusted with the narrow part of the bolt. Looking straight ahead the one on the right should be between 1and 2 p.m. The one on the left should be between 10 and 11 a.m. Just opposite each other. If this makes it better but still hard, Then put your machine in the middle of the carraige and loosen the two cross tube bolts ( front an back ) Sometimes the carraige will have a little twist in it if you loosen those bolts and the weight of the machine will level it out. So just crack them loose and tighten them right back up. If you still have trouble, then give me a call and we can go from there.

Good Luck

Connie

Apqs Service Manager

1-800-426-7233 ext. 6:):)

Archived