Computer help

jclark

OK, I need some help, I have tried to get my signature to look pretty like so many of yours and I have tried to figure out how to post a photo of myself (avatar) and I am not having any success. I tried the "help" section, also with no success. Any ideas? THANKS

Janna...first you have to have your beautiful mug picture posted on a website...as the avitars need to have a HTML address...that is why so many of us use Webshots. Alot of us don't have personal websites and this is an easy and cheap (free) way to do that. Once you have that taken care of I can send you or walk you though that process....

The signature is a bit different....click on my signature and it will give you the website address, type it in to the .com part the rest is my personal information and then you can follow the prompts. At the bottom of the final page you will be asked to download this signature.....there will be a HTML address highlight the WHOLE thing and copy and get ready to paste it (don't loose it...sometimes I paste to my notebook so I don't loose things). Now you need to open your APQS forum so that you can get to your USER CONTROL PANEL...that will be up in the right hand corner of the page under your name that shows that you are signed in....Open you control panel...then open EDIT PROFILE About half way down or better on the left hand side you will see first the box that you need to drop in your Avatar information as well as the signature....you need to make sure that both the HTML and BB code are on....drop in the signature information that you copied and hit paste....you will see it in the box...move down to the bottom of the page and click Edit Profile...if you don't do that it won't stick....

Good luck and hope I helped a bit.

I just got off the phone with an amazing lady, Bonnie--she has good tracking abilities for sure. She walked me through the whole process of loading a photo and signature to my profile. Many thanks, Bonnie and I enjoyed our conversation, come to find out, she's not really a New Yorker, she is from a smaller town in Montana than where I live!!

Janna...glad I could help....:cool:

Heaven forbid...me a New Yorker, that's funny!!!..... I don't have an eastern accent at all...more of a country drawl.;) And just about everyone I talk to....stop listen a minute and then say....Your not from around here are ya.....

• 1 year later...

Archived