Nested E2E

KerryM

I have never attempted a nested E2E before, and now have a top loaded, ready to go. Because it is nested, there are definite valley's and peak's. when starting the first row, do you start higher than the top of the quilt edge so you don't end up with open space, or do you not worry about it? Is there a general rule? or????????????

Thanks for your help.

Nadia, using the Cq for sure, This is my first paying customer, LQS owner, so I would like it to be as close to perfect as I can get it. The backing is tight L to R but lots on length. Wouldn't you need the coordinating partial design to fill in with the CQ,

Shana, I need to PPP more before I do anything like a paper Panto.

Thanks for the help ladies. Will see if I can actually get started at this tomorrow!

Hi Kerry,

You'll never go to a paper panto once you use the CQ to do a E2E/panto on a quilt...you'll see what I mean!

I like the look of a nested panto far better than a panto that shows the "rows" on the quilt (my own preference). With the CQ you can get it to look better than perfect providing a few details are worked out before you start. Is the design you are using have a fixed index in it? When you say the L and R are tight...how much fabric and batting do you have to work with? Again, this is my personal preference...is the design you are using digitized by someone who is familiar with/uses a CQ system? Some designs are digitized better than others, especially if overstitching is involved.

No, you do not need the coordinating partial design to fill in with the CQ. I use the restart feature (maybe there's another way to do it?) and fill in that way. I *think* with the upgrade that is supposed to be released soon we will have a crop feature that will be used similar to what I am doing now, making it even faster and easier. With a nested panto, I start off the top and end off the bottom, that way I do not need to go back and fill in the gaps. You'll have fun working on it. You can call me and we can talk about it over the phone too if you'd like.

Hi Chris,

I run a line of stitching with my longarm 1/8" around the quilt to secure the stitches before I take it off the frame if my customer has requested I trim the edge for them. I let them know to bind the quilt asap also. If I do not trim for them I tell them to trim and bind right away because they will have cut the stitches. So far I've haven't encountered any problems with it. I'm sure others may do this differently.

Kerry what design is it your are using? I always use Autosketch to determine my Index for a design and then anytime I resize the design it automatically adjusts and always has the perfect index.

Maybe I own the design and can help you determine the fixed index so that the design marries really well when you go to do the next row.

Like others the design determines if and how much I begin on and off the quilt. But yes if it has a deep interlock from top and bottom it will be best to do so. That is determined by the depth of the interlock at least with myself.

Our newest upgrade to CQ is going to really enhance our use of deep interlocking designs like no other. Can't wait. Almost out of patience. I'm actually saving some designs and quilts so I can do them with the newest features.

Feel free to call me if you need some help. Can't wait to see your quilt top.

Hugs Grammie Tammie

1-719-783-0421

grammietammie@centurytel.net

Tammie,

The design is by Ellen Munnich, called Lacey Loop, Design # AO1002.

I am really out of the loop about the new CQ upgrade, can I still get the info on the APQS site? It amazes me how you guys can keep track of everything you are doing at home, and in the industry. You seem to have all the latest info! Maybe once the snow falls here, I will be ale to concentrate more on my new hobby/business.

Thanks for the offer of help, I may just take you up on it, depending on when I actually get to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry, I haven't used that pattern yet, but it looks like you shouldn't have any problem. Just begin and end off the top/bottom of your quilt. I also start/end off slightly to the right/left of the quilt. If you plug in your measurements correctly - I would add about an inch to quilt width measurement and several inches (number depends on how much off the top and bottom you need to go) to the quilt length measurement - you should be okay. Look at the entire layout and see if you like what you are looking at. If the index is fixed, spacing will be perfect. If not, you might need to adjust your number of rows and spacing to what you like. When it looks good on the screen, stitch it out. When you finish a row, just do an Index and you should be at the exact spot to begin the next row.

Have fun!

Archived