Innovations 2008

Hello All

Well....that was sure fun! I and my friend Joyce really enjoyed Innovations - the classes were great, the hotel comfortable and convenient, food good and everyone friendly and helpful. Thanks to everyone who made the conference what it was. I can't wait to start practicing some of the new skills.

Sylvia from Canada

Boni

I had classes with Sally Terry, Sue Patten, Pam Clarke, Deloa Jones, Megan Best, among others. All of them were good so right now I am putting Sally's feathers on a customer quilt and filling in with some of Megan's filler designs. The teachers were all great and Wonderful Characters!

Hope to see some of you again at a future convention. Happy quilting, all.

Sylvia

Sylvia, it sounds like you had some great classes. I find that it is always best to use what you learn right away so it sticks with you. If I don't do that, then I can't remember (even after looking at my notes) the little techniques that make the stitching flow. Thata is how feathers eluding me for so long. I would take the classes but not stitch them out.

I took two classes from Diana Phillips, two from Grace Anderson, two from DeLoa, one with Debbie Wendt, and one from Marjorie Rhine. Kudos to all instructors--all classes were well-presented, had great hand-outs, and worth the money. Each class had an "Ah-Ha" moment--that hint or trick that you give yourself a V-8 slap for!

Archived