HELP - Popping sounds

meg_marsh

I am madly trying to finish a quilt - just the SID left and need to finish this afternoon. This is slow going to begin with and now I am so nervous about getting the quilt done. Does Millie not like so much slow work - is that why they are coming out the the Quilt Guide???

Anyway - to the problem:

Yesterday, Miss Ribbit (Millie) started acting up: would make a pop sound and then take an extra stitch - all by herself while she was off to the side! The needle will end up just above the fabric - not the full up or full down position. Then on other occasions, she will just make a pop while sewing - so far the stitching is ok. Every time it happens, I stop and ck the stitching on the underside. Also, a couple of times, I will be sewing along, she pops and stops - even looses the stitch length. Have to reset the stitch length and go on sewing. Also, the single stitch (yellow button) some times turns into 2 or 3 stitches - :(.

Obviously, with these problems, I am getting very frustrated and don't know what to do. I am just continuing to work at the moment and hope to get this quilt done. Tomorrow she gets packed up to go to S California. Then I have to get another quilt done right away as soon as I get her set up down south.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Meg, I can't offer any advise about what is going on with Miss Ribbit, but I do feel your pain. Very frustrating, and always happens at the worst time. Hopefully you will be able to finish the one you are working on. Maybe things will work better after you set it up again.

I am still having issues. I really need to get this quilt done. SR will work for about 5 minutes, then it won't work for about an hour. I am not doing so well at free-hand without SR, so I am working at about 5 minutes per hour. Today, she only ran for about 10 minutes, now won't run at all. Hopefully the part they are sending will fix the problem. I am so frustrated right now. Hate to think that I spent all that money for this frustration after such a short time. I wish you luck. Myself, I gave up until part comes.

Meg this is for sure an Amy problem I'd say.

Not long after I got my baby it would kind of pop and take a stitch everytime I turned it on.

Then it would just stop stitching in the middle of a row. I thought I'd touched a button at first then found that wasn't the case.

Amy stuck with me, sent parts, and more parts, and it turned out to be the light fixture. Swapped that out and not a hiccup since, just sweetness and light.:D

She'll get it figured out. It's so frustrating when these fantabulous machines don't behave the way they're supposed to, I know. Got chocolate?:P

Archived