NQR LONG machine needles needed.

I''m looking for some information I just can''t seem to find googling, or Mr. someone, etc.. on the internet. Even tried local repair shops, shoe repair shops, don''t have a shop that makes things from leather around that I can find, sooo..

The old treadle Davis sewing machine I have requires a 2" needle, which is much longer than any on the open market..

Does anyone know of a site where I could purchase these over long/odd sized needles?? I'd really like to sell the machine with a needle in it or at least info on where they can order the needles.

Thanks for all the help..

RitaR

Rita,

I googled the words "Davis Sewing Machine" and found a site International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society. Here is the link:

http://www.ismacs.net/davis/davis_story.html

Perhaps you could contact someone on that site who is familiar and specializes in all sorts of antique sewing machines, including the Davis, and perhaps they might help you find needles and any other parts you might wish to get that will work in the Davis. Good luck!

Hi Rita, well, I was suggesting to contact them to see if they might have needles or know what would work in your antique machine. The person (or persons) who probably manage this web site have connections with folks who have connections to people who have pieces and parts, including needles, that may work in the old models. Wouldn't hurt to give them a call or send an email to inquire. Good luck!

Shana, I''m sorry I didn''t say so, but I did understand that.. and have even joined, but unless a part is for sale by one of the members, they don''t have any info as to where to buy them. I think they want to stay mostly an European sewing machine collectors group, and wouldn't have a lot of first hand info on where to buy state side. Yet I remember they were to have a meeting in the USA in Oct.. just couldn''t manage it with Camp Mowana, so didn''t pay further attn.

Thanks though, I do appreciate the time and effort you put into the search for me.

Hugs, RitaR

Nigel, Posted a note to you to, and it''s in cyber space somewhere.. sorry, will try again.

Thanks So Very much for the info and the name and phone number.

Am wondering, is that a Canadian phone number? I''m so smart I wouldn''t have a clue how to dial it, so thought I''d ask about it before I call the phone company to find out. lOL I feel so dumb.

Many thanks to you and Shana for the great help.

RitaR

Rita

Cindy is in Lake City, Minnesota. She is a regular contributor on the vintage treadle group on Yahoo and some others as well. I've never met her but have done business with her and was quite pleased. She has a mini catalogue posted here. http://community.webshots.com/user/stitchesintime

Hope this helps

Nigel

Archived