Hartley Workbook

Grammie

Just wanted to share with anyone who has the Hartley Fence and has had a fear of using it or you just need a better understanding of how it works get the Workbook from Myrna. As a newbie who is trying to learn alot in a short time I can tell you this booklet will relieve you of any fears. This tool is really cool once you get over the HUMP. The workbook will clear up alot of questions a beginner might have. Again it takes practice, practice, practice. I am going to be doing my next quilt strictly with the Hartley. I can't wait to see the outcome. Go for IT !!!:cool::cool:

Hi Myrna,

I'm so glad I ordered your workbook. John (my hubby, resident technician and handyman) and I worked with the Hartley Fence this past weekend and got it up and running and it took very little time. What was I waiting for! It's really easier than I thought and I'm ready to do my next quilt utilizing the circles and maybe even some crosshatching...no...maybe the baptist fan on the large border. Oh, so many choices.

I wish you could have seen John grab the handles to do a test drive. He even had a few suggestions that really worked. Wish I had a movie. Isn't it wonderful when DH is totally interested in what you do for a "hobby."

Anyway, to my fellow longarmers, don't be afraid to use what you have. I plan to order some of the cookie cutters in the future, but first I have to finish piecing and applying borders to about 5 tops (hard to do while working full time). Now remember, Mryna is there to help. She responds quickly and I appreciate her being there for me whenever I need her. We are so lucky to have purchased the APQS products, don't you think?

So keep those machines humming. Lots of hugs from a very excited Hartley Fence owner. Thanks again Myrna.

I just received my workbook last weekend, haven't been able to put what I read to good use yet since I was finishing up a raffle quilt this week but am hoping to play this weekend :P

Anyway I too am thinking about purchasing the cookie cutter sets and other rulers because Myrna made everything look so easy in her workbook and the ideas she has in there about the different designs are so unique. Thanks Myrna!

Joann

I thought I should add that the HF Workbook covers more that just the HF.I also have instruction and ideas for all of the Hartley Products that you may have for your machine. I am happy to know that the workbook is helping you to use the tools to their potiental and yours:)

Lets see phots.

Myrna

We just received our copy of Myrna's HF Handbook. It is AWESOME! We taught the Intermediate Beg. Class on Tuesday and already several of them have put this book on their to-order list!

Myrna, you a so right that is covers lots of info besides just the HF and crosshatching! It has fast become one of the most useful reference books in our library.

Janet , Thank you. And a big thanks to Carla, Hartley and Marilyn for all their help.I could not have done this without them:D I am so excited to get my order back from the new printers next week. How exciting!!

Saturday is the last day for free shipping so order your copy today:)

Myrna

• 3 weeks later...

Myrna,

I got my workbook yesterday (a small bonus of working for the USPS) and all I can say is WOW. Great instructions and even more ideas and inspirations. Thanks for writing it. I have one problem I can't figure out. When I drag the threads in a baptist fan or cross-hatch, the ones underneath catch on the throat plate. It can drag or pull you off in lots of directions... What am I missing?

Thanks,

Leslie

Thank you Leslie,

Sometimes I catch the thread underneath, but usually only if I am pulling back across the quilt. I have them backtacked so its not a problem . The threads should not be hanging. How loose is you top? In the BF you are draging in short lines. In cross hatching you should be pulling back just about on the same line.

Myrna

Archived