Compressor for cleaning bobbin?

I agree that on the Lenni there doesn't appear to be any place for the lent to go but I do have a question about noise which I read on another thread. They did not indicate which machines they were talking about . Does the Lenni need this grease they're talking about? My Lenni makes a lot of noise from the back. It sounds more like clicking and clacking and like gears are lose inside. By the Lenni being a new model we don't seem to have a lot of feedback on situations with it. As far as I know it may be normal for all this noise. But, if it isn't, and it needs grease, I need to know.

Actually, the smaller the tank is, the more often the compressor will have to run to keep it full, so as far as "run time" is concerned, bigger is better!

For cleaning your own machine in your home, a portable "nail-gun" compressor will work fine, but I'm sure the DH in your life wouldn't mind having a big 10 horsepower air compressor with a 120 gallon tank.... It's hard to find a place to put it, but it'll only turn on once a week!

Be sure that whatever you end up with has a regulator so you can adjust the pressure of the air leaving the nozzle, and be careful where you point it. It can blow pins and needles all over the place. Margie doesn't tell me when that happens so I end up finding them all by walking through the quilting studio in my socks...:mad:

Once you get a compressor, you'll wonder how you ever got along without one!

mrmargie

For cleaning my domestic sewing machines I use an electric razor brush.. one end looks like a micro tiny pastry brush and the other end spirals like a micromini bottle brush.. I can get one or the other in just about every corner and crack there is.

RitaR

Janice I have a Lenni and they said (by listening to the needle end, and the other end, that it sounded like the gear box at the needle end needed grease, as it may have a bubble of air.

'

I'd suggest you call apqs and ask for the technician and ask her to listen. loose stuff at the other end, doesn't sound good to me.. They can and will help you.

RitaR

For a domestic machine, you really don't want to use the compressor. The LA has closed / welded areas that there is no were for the dust to go. Quite the opposite for the domestic. Instead, my fix it guy recommends a vaccumn and the mini attachments. After I have done a lot of piecing, pull out the bobbin case and suck everything out.

Save the compressor for the LA.

good luck

Archived