Fabric Sling

Okay all you super detectives.........I remember reading about a hammock, if you will, that someone also posted pictures of that hangs under you machine so your fabric doesn't hit the ground. Do you think I can find it................NOOOOOO. I've tryed every search word but the right one I can think of. If someone remembers or was the author, could you please advice. I've got a darling cat (all twenty pounds of her) that thinks the excesss batting lying on the floor is fair game. I'm hoping to change her mind about that.

I just made a batting sling out of muslin yesterday! I just cut enough fabric to make ties at both ends. Now I tie it up on either end of my frame (HQ16). I don't have cats but do have dogs and no matter how many times a day I vaccumm there is always dog hair, loose threads, and dust on the floor! It's so nice to have the batting up where it doesn't catch any of it.

I put the Big Board fabric catcher under Mai Linn to catch the quilt, or whatever I'm floating. It was already made, which for me was a plus. On the down side, I just now figured out that is what was hanging up my machine when I'd get to the end of the sling. So, now I make sure I know where it is when I begin to quilt. I'm so new at this the hang up could have been anything. I'm happy with it and it keeps it off the floor in my quilt studio. (Fancy word for my basement.)

Archived