Is anybody else in Nevada? or Utah?

I am hoping to find someone else on this forum who is in Nevada. Or Utah. I am all alone out here in the middle of nowhere. I have a friend with an HQ16, and we share ideas. I am also part of a quilt guild. It would be nice to meet someone else who LAs somewhat close to me. ;) That almost makes me laugh as I am 240 miles in all directions to the next nearest city. Did I say I was in the middle of nowhere??? I meant I was in the middle of everywhere! Or so it feels, if I choose to drive to get there!

Thanks though for all the helpful hints and tips and great advice for LAing. I love this forum. You are all so nice and willing to share.

What happened to the three longarmers that were in Elko (they were my biggest competition)...and there are several in Battlemountain. I don't know if any of them are on this list because they all have Gammil's, but we have those here on the forum as well.

I use to live in Reno (1987-2004), but now live in New York, so can't help you much there, but am here all the time so maybe I can be of some help.:cool::P

Hi, Kristina,

Good to see you online! For those of you who are not familiar with Nevada, Kristina and I live about 188 miles from one another. Close for Nevada, but not exactly a quick trip across town!

There are quite a few longarmers in Elko, but there is not a longarm group. I wanted to start one, but with my job I travel so much it was hard to get anything going. I've heard our travel has been cut back for next year (yippee!) so maybe I'll pursue it again.

I have finally given up on doing customer quilts. That is mostly because my quilting time is so limited. In the past two years, I have only finished ONE thing of my own. So I just finished up the last quilt for a customer and am calling it quits so I can work on my own stuff! There seems to be quite a demand for quilting around here. I get calls all the time.

Kristina, feel free to call or email any time!

Lisa E in Elko

where it is finally snowing!

Kristina,

I live in Utah. Up in the Ogden area. I'm sorry to say that I don't know where Ely is located! Am I very far from you?

I don't know any long armers here, either. I know they are around, but I haven't met any. This site makes it feel like I'm surrounded by like-minded people all the time!!

:D:D

Archived