Show and Tell, Sampler......

I have to precede this with the fact that this quilt had some real issues. Pieceing problems, fullness, etc. But all things considered, I think she will be able to be proud of it. The hardest thing was that the sashing strips did not meet at all, so I had to just stop and start then, almost as though there were cornerstones.

post--1346189774663_thumb.jpg

I think you did great. Even the worst pieced quilt can be really pretty once quilted. I just did a really old top a few weeks ago and had to remove it from the leader and let it drape to complete it. It had alot of bulk and uneveness to work out during the quilting process. In the end it came out really good. I would simply Pin across next to the leader to keep it from shifting. I was the only way to work out the wavyness in the quilt. The ederly lady I did for was in tears as each block was made by family member who had already passed.

I am having trouble getting my customers to stitch around the quilt top and I have had alot of wavy borders to contend with. Go with the job I suppose.

Guest Linda S

Nice job Caron! It looks great. Isn't it funny how people don't even make their sashing strips meet up? I'm way too picky with my own quilts. I'd pick it out and make it fit! Very nice quilting.

Linda

Archived