Postage

Hi everyone, I am getting ready to send my blocks out for the New Years exchange and I had a question about postage to Australia and Cananda.

I was going to send them first class mail but it did not say how long it will take to get there. In your experience is first class okay, or does anyone know of another way to send them to ensure they will get there in a timely manner.

Thanks,

p.s. - Sorry I can't get them out until tomorrow. I forgot today was a federal holiday

Whenever I have mailed to Australia or even Canada...I just go to the postoffice, they figure out what it costs...for my blocks I think i was about $1.50 US and it went on its merry way. Nothing special about the envelope and nothing special on the outside or even "Air Mail". The only time I have had to fill out custom papers is when sending a big box...and all you had to do was declare what was in the box...nothing more special than that.

This is very helpful information. Thanks. When I get ready to mail mine, I'll just take them to the Postmaster and say "send 'em". He's great.

I'm out until March now. Got family coming (13 total) from out of state mid-February for eleven days and I have to transform my house into a hostel. Quilting has been in panic mode and will be until they come and go. I love my family and usually do put them first. I'm telling clients that they will have to wait until March or beyond. My little 30's project is just sitting here looking so lonely--and just wanting to climb out of the box! Once in a while I give 'em a kiss and hug just to keep them from escaping or going into hiding mode. My fingers are really itchy to start, but, alas, it has taken the back seat. Don't give up on me. May is still four months away.:P

Does anyone else have the same dilemma?

Thanks for all the good information everyone. I am feeling better. Dh told me if I didn't do it a certain way (which he wasn't sure of) that they would just put the ones going to Australia on a boat. I had visions of it taking months to get there, ha ha... They will be in the mail tomorrow and I will take them to the post office instead of just stamping them.

Archived