Up date on poles and weights

Well I finally got the replacement pole and the parts to make it fit, looks rediculous cause the new pole is galvanized and the other three are black but it don't dip in the center. Also got the weights. They did make the machine and carriage stop tipping but the jerky thing is still going on. I sanded the plastic rail, then sanded it again, then had two different people pay very close attention to when i was quilting. We narrowed the area down to about a foot to a foot and a half on each side of the center of the table where the joint is. It still does the exact thing it has been doing except it no longer tips. Any more tips? I will be calling apqs in the morning to see what the next step is I am going to ask for a one piece table. Miss Jacque

Just a tip. On the one piece black table you will notice the table top has a double drilled hole to put you bolts in. This is so you can adjust the width of the rails that the carriage runs on. You can leave them a little loose set up your table and put on your carriage. Move your carriage back and forth and if there is a bind you need to move your front and back rails closer or farther apart till you achieve the smoothness you want. Then tighten those bolts.

They are double drilled so you can adjust your rails.

Thanks JoAnn i am printing this off so i can refer back to it. I am getting excited, and praying all will be fixed.

QuiltingMidWife: when I would be quilting from the back of the machine, doing a panto, as I brought the machine towards me the weight of the machine was causing the carriage to come off the track. The weights were to make the front of the machine heavier and keep it on the track. It works great, no more tipping.

I think the other problem is because, where the table is joined in the center, there is an area the that is, up about a 1/4" higher than the two sides, as the carriage nears, crosses, then passes that area, that is where the machine does the jerky thing and gets off the design. It does it from the front but I am usually doing freehand and can adapt to the change in direction.

Thanks so much to all have who have sent u2u messages with tips and ideas and your experiences, and to the encouragement from all of you that have jumped in to lend a hand. Especially a big thanks to Jim at APQS for trying to help figure all this mess out and for all the "extra" help and making sure i was satisfied. I can hardly wait to to get back to doing what I love. Thanks Jacque

Archived