Referal Program

What I do, on my brochure I offer $25.00 off the first quilt of a new customer over $75.00. It's a good way to get people to "try" you out. Then on their receipt I put in that they will receive 10% off their next order if I get a referral from them. I'm sure there are many other ideas out there. I would love to hear more myself.

Joanne

Beestitched-Glenville, NY

I offer a $10 "gift card" to a client who refers a new client. I mention it every time someone picks up a quilt and it really works. I end up with customers from outside my normal circle of contacts and farther away geographically because of it.

I allow a client to use multiple "certificates" up to half off a quilt. I just made a business card up that says " THANK-YOU! Your referal of a new client means you really like my work. Use this certificate for $10 off a quilt. You may use multiple certificates up to half the cost of any quilting job."

We give a card that says "We love referrals" and asks the quilter to put their name on the card and give it to a quilter that is a non-customer of ours and they will get $5.00 off their next quilt. We don't allow them to use more than one certificate on each quilt. Can't pile them up and get a free quilt job. We keep the referral cards on file and make notes every time some one calls - on who referred them. BUT...... actually...... I think that just about everyone who comes here was coming here anyway. This is why we don't give a lot of money off. People call and say that "So-and-so said I should call you - she was SOOOOO happy with her quilt and says you do a really great job, blah, blah, blah. The referral slip is rarely mentioned. We tend to feel that a quilter is going to refer to someone who does a good job and we don't believe that our referral slips have actually gotten us the extra business - we think it's our fair prices, our quick turn around - usually under 3 weeks - and the quality of quilting that we provide. Hope so anyway. We have two other quilters within 4 miles of our place and our business keeps growing. SO - must be doing something right. The one thing that got us off to a good start was taking out the yellow pages, and mailing to "quilter or craft group leader" a $15 off coupon to be used by a certain date. That started our business and it's taken off from there. Good luck to you. As an example, we've been in business almost 3 years - have done over 550 quilts and have quilted for over 160 different quilters.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived