Machine stopped

DSB

Yesterday, a friend was using a ruller on the machine, the needle hit the ruller, fell out and into the bobbin area, got bent and now the machine won't turn on. A friend said that we needed a new fuse. Can we just use a 3 watt fuse to replace the one that is on the machine??

Thanks.

Dale B

Dale,

Use caution when you start your machine back up. It is possible that it was knocked out of time. Once you replace your fuse, and your needle. Then I would use the fly wheel to needle up and down to make sure everything is where is should be. If your hopping foot was moved any at all, you are going to need to adjust it. Also, since it knocked your bobbin case out, you may want to check for burrs on your needle plate and the bobbin assembly. I know it is a frustrating thing, but you want to make sure everything is in it's place before you try to use the machine.

Thanks for the infomation. I will check to see if there is another fuse. The bobbin case did not come out but we did have to remove it to remove the bent needle. I will carefully check before I turn the machine on.

Dale

Archived