bushfire quilts - linda bales

Hi everyone

I just received two beautiful tops from Linda Bales of BC - thank you Linda, we'll get to quilting them over the weekend.

My grand-daughter (7) picked up the parcel from the front door and straight away jumped on google search to see where Linda lives in BC - love the internet. Its school holidays here and she is planning to learn about countries on the internet this morning and complete a quilt she was quilting last holidays. I think we have a busy day.

Thank you again Linda for the beautiful tops they will be fun quilt and will be much appreciated to whoever receives them. The weather is turning cold here.

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter.

sue in australia

Hi Sue. I am glad the quilts arrived safe and sound. Thanks for the note.

Tell your grand-daughter that Golden is a very pretty little town right in the middle of the mountains. Our ski hill is called Kicking Horse Resort and has the highest restaurant in BC. We have a grizzley bear that lives in a compound at the ski hill...his name is Boo and he is quite the attraction for the tourists.

As your weather turns cold, ours is warming up yay. How is Australia coping after the devastating fires? We don't hear much on the news anymore.

Happy easter to you and yours.

Lynda in Golden BC

Hi Linda

Well the clean up has been completed and people have been able to go back to their homes or whats left , others are in temporary accommodation, its too early to know who will rebuild and who will stay away. One of the towns had a major football match at the weekend that gathered the residents together and I think it was probably good for morale but tough too. One company who manufacture bikes gave all the kids a bike each - that put lots of smiles on little faces.

This afternoon my grand-daughter was going through the quilts and saw Shana's. Shana had written a lovely message on her quilt. It gave her the idea to sign her quilt - just like an artist does she said - I thought it was so cute that she thinks her quilt is a work of art - of course it is! (spoken like an unbiased grandma).

hope everyone has lovely Easter weekend.

sue in australia

• 1 month later...

Archived