Sew Fine Thread

I'm sure you mean Superior's So Fine thread. I love their 34 new colors. I use So Fine in the bobbin. Most of my customers like to see the thread, like cotton or PermaCore on top.

I like #532 Orange Julius and #519 Barely Mint - the palest bluegreen you've ever seen. I also like the deep rich color of #529 Chianti.

I just picked up a few at the Quilted Rose for $9.85 for a 3280 yd cone. Her web-site does not show the new colors but she has them on her shelf. I also bought 2 King Tut cones for $16.25 each; retail is about $25.

If you are going to MQS and have a sellers permit/tax-id, you can find all of the Superior Threads for wholesale prices.

Definitely don't order them all. You may never use that color, I have some like that. When I started quilting for customers, I ordered basic colors...white, parchment, navy, royal blue, baby blue, pink, red, black, green, pastel green, black, gray, taupe, some purples (pastels too) and a few shades of light browns. If a major holiday is coming, like Halloween and Thanksgiving, you will find your oranges, browns and yellows popular. Then I would add as needed for my customer quilts. You will find that there are certain years that you will go through lots of one color, same with some seasons and holidays. I guess my game plan was to have a few colors in each group then add as needed.

Definitely buy 401 (white), 402 (parchment) and 403 (eggshell)

I only have the first 100 colors. I use So Fine 95% of the time. Most used. 423 - blends perfectly with the Thimbleberries fabrics. 435 and great medium blue. 448 is kindof a weird green but seems to be used alot. 455 one of the newer colors and I've probably been thru 3 or 4 cones in the last year. I also like the baby colors (pink, green, blue, and yellow) that are upper 400's (like in the 490's). The red and maroon and used alot to (413&415, I think). Neutrals used most, 401,401 and 405.

I love SoFine.

Norma, I just looked at Brewer and they prices are comparable to the prices I just paid.

I love that Brewer ships out of Reno and is usually here the next day. But Brewer's web-site is harder to figure out than anything I've ever seen. The header for King Tut says 2000 yds and yet right under it is says "5 spools or 500 yds each". Even the people that work there have a hard time with the web-site.

I wonder if E.E. Schenck carries Superior. That's in Portland, OR.

Archived