Brief Health Note

Boni, LOL, sorry haven't left home yet. so will call when we are about 4 days out from you. Probably about May 10, give or take.

LindaR.. do you have a back yard we can camp in. our friends in Yelm don't have a room..

Will have to read back over and see what else to reply to.

RitaR

Bekah, you can repeat that as often as you want.. it's True!!

Melora, thanks.. all of you.. I'm playing this week, making lists of all the equipment we have to take, which have chargers, manuals, etc.. and how much warm weather and how much cold or wet weather clothing to take.. then figure out if the van will hold it all. LOLOL.. it's a lot.

God Bless All, RitaR

Thanks Rita--we'll be looking forward to your visit.

I don't know what to tell you about weather here. I was in an exam orientation clinic for skiing today at Mt. Hood Meadows--the day started with rain, then mist, fog, then mixed snow and rain and sunshine, the wind kicked up, then the rain stopped, the snow stopped, and the sun lasted for a couple of hours this afternoon. Now it's 6:00 and it's raining in Government Camp where we stay for the night. Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunshine all day and temperature in the 50's. Monday down in the valley it's supposed to go up to 80!

I hope things will settle down by the end of this month! With weather like this I dress in layers from undershirts to ski coats. I peel and layer, peel and layer constantly. I really don't like that chilly feeling even though they say it burns calories. I guess you should just be prepared for anything!

Safe travels to you and Roland. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Boni, don't worry about the weather, we lived down in McMinnville for I guess it was about 8 years. All I know is the sun always shines in the morning.. and Oregon and Wash. does NOT have as much rain as some say. I had too many sunburns in the summer out working in the fields, or going swimming, to believe that. lol picked filberts too, but we did it on our hands and knees and put them in various gunny sacks. ;o) Start in Tshirt have pull over sweat shirt and heavier jacket. All bases covered.

Gotta run.. RitaR

Rita, I'm soooo happy for you! Isn't it wonderful to get treatment that works? How exciting! I know how glad you are to get off the Prednisone, I was on it for 7 years, just a low dose twice a day but that was too much! I have to take xdose pacs once in awhile and those turn me into a lunitic! You are going to be able to really enjoy your trip now and thatKs so great! Big hugs !

Kenna and Sandra.. thanks so much.. I can't imagine any dose of prednisone for 7 years.. I find out tomorrow if I can discontinue it. Not wheezing, not coughing much, just when I forget the pollen mask and go outside, Still can't walk long distances.. can stand for longer and longer periods without having to sit down.

I guess it's just great to be able to function as a healthy human.

Hugs, God Bless all,

RitaR

Archived