BOBBIN BREAKING ON STOP AND STARTING

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG

IF I START AND STOP GOING AROUND RULERS MY BOBBIN THREAD KEEPS BREAKING I HAVE TO TAKE THE CASE OUT PUL THE THREAD OUT AND START AGAIN

IF I START AND KEEP GOING AND DO NOT START AND STOP IT WORKS FINE

IS THERE A TRICK TO STARTING AND STOPING

Patty...Rubo doesn't have a Stitch Regulated machine she has an old used ULTII.....

My first guess would be that your backlash spring needs to be adjust just a smig and or your bobbin tension needs to be a bit more adjusted as well.... The Backlash spring is the little black metal wierd looking thinge in the bottom of your bobbin case.

Since you bought this machine very muchly used that is where I would start. First off, the spring is very delicate and can be broken so don't go reefing on it. AND it will pop out of the case very easily as well...if you do that you didn't break anything, but take a GOOD look at it before you start so you know how to get it back in without to much efforts....

I put my finiger over the center part so it doesn't come flying out and land someplace where you can't see it...they hit the ground without any noise so trying to find it can be a hassle at times. Now Very Very gently lift the loose parts up and bend them slightly upwards...this will put a bit of a brake on the bobbin when you stop your machine.

And with doing that and a bit more tension adjustments you will get it.

Also with the ULT II's you need to learn how to slide into the area that you want to stop in...as they do take one or two stitches after you hit the start/stop button....

Also if you feel the bobbin case is worn a bit they cost very little to replace.

Archived