Adobe Photoshop is on offer - is it worth it?

I had an email from Amazon UK telling me that Adobe Photoshop 7 is on offer at £50 (40% off).

I usually use Picasa to adjust photos and reduce the size for posting but sometimes it does weird things like muddle albums up and it doesn't do anything really dramatic. I also use Flickr to post web photos when I remember...

I wonder if I bought a proper program would it really be worth it? I want to get going more with PowerPoint too...

Adobe Photoshop is a phenomenal program, however, unless you are really going to use all the features, you can do just as well with Adobe Photoshop Elements at a significantly lower cost. The first time I used it, it was packaged free with a digital camera.

Originally posted by sewlinzi

I had an email from Amazon UK telling me that Adobe Photoshop 7 is on offer at £50 (40% off).

I wonder if I bought a proper program would it really be worth it? I want to get going more with PowerPoint too...

I agree that Photoshop Elements seems to have everything I need - - in fact more than I've completely figured out, and I took an 8 hour class at the local junior college to get to that point. These applications are also pretty big, so I had to upgrade the memory on my laptop to get it to run well. Somehow it's never as simple as you'd like it to be.

Julie

Linzi

Photoshop Elements will do for most of the "adjustments" you would like to make to any photo.

The older brother is called Photoshop CS2 / CS3 or recently available CS4.

Price of this older brother, having more functionality is far more than the price for Elements and used by professional photographers.

There is a great monthly magazin available called Photoshop Creative with all kinds of tips and trics

http://www.pshopcreative.co.uk/

There is also an online community for users of PS Elements

http://www.photoshopcreativeelements.com/

Hi Linzi,

I do "simple" and "easy to learn". While I feel Photoshop, and Photoshop Elements are great programs, they are just a tad tooo---professional with their editing features.

For years I have owned and used Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9. There are upgrades to this program now, but I still use the tried and true version 9. You can do just about everything in Image Suite that you can with PS Elements. I can air brush, resize, lighten darken, crop, straighten, border and much more in the program than I even need to use.

I used this program to edit pictures for our large guild website for several years, and I continue to use it almost daily to do image editing. Here is just one of many pictures I have lightened , straightened and cropped with MS Image and edited the image edges with Image Suite 9.

Granted my camera has a lot to do with how pictures turn out, so I should mention that. It's Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 with 18x Optical Zoom with Leica lens.

You can still find Image Suite 9 on Amazon, and occasionally on eBay. Almost every picture I have posted here or on my blog were taken with the Lumix camera and edited with Image Suite 9.

PS. I do have "Hello Kitty" sewing machine now. Target & Sears both had it for sale last week if you are still looking. I bought mine on eBay last month. New.

post--13461901688793_thumb.jpg

Archived