Remember the t-shirt quilt for B-2? I'm completely blown away....

Bobbi, How blessed you truly are!! You're right when you say it came from how they're reared. You did a wonderful job with your sons and they've blessed you twice by passing it on. What a treasure.

The first of our grandkids to get a quilt was our youngest. It was this past Dec 14 for his 5 birthday. He took it out of the box, gave it a qick look and asked, "Is there anything else?". I know he's only 5 but I admit I was crushed. I went upstairs just so no one would see me tearing up. About 10 minutes later he came dashing into the room and said "There you are! I was wooking for you! I wove my twilt!" He takes it everywhere with him when he has to stay overnite. At Easter they came here and the first thing he told me was he didn't bring his quilt cause his mom forgot to put it in the dryer! I hope it didn't get a mildew smell. All they're towels smell like that..phew!

Anyway, I happy for you that your DGS called and gave you such beautiful memories to tuck in your heart.

Originally posted by Marlette

.....his mom forgot to put it in the dryer! I hope it didn't get a mildew smell. All they're towels smell like that..phew!

A small (very small) like 1/4 cup? of liquid bleach in the wash water will remove the mildew smell from towels and a quilt or any clothes. It's small enough not to discolor the clothes, especially used sparingly.

If you don't want to use bleach, try putting a cup of vinegar in the wash water to treat mildew.

Where I live in Alaska I don't have to worry about anything getting mildew (it's very dry here) unless I leave my towels in the washing machine for more than a few days, which I never do anyway! :D

Archived