Remember the t-shirt quilt for B-2? I'm completely blown away....

I just got off the phone with my grandson (I made the t-shirt quilt for him) and he GETS IT!

He just gushed over how much he loves his new quilt... He slept under it last night... I said "I know it's not a car or car stuff" and he said "Grandma YOU made it from your heart. And even though we don't live very close or get to see each other often I know how much you love me and I love you soooo much too!" I know you spent a lot of time thinking about what to put in the quilt and I just LOVE it!" "This is something I'll treasure way longer than a car - it's just transportation..."

He said soooo many nice things and it was all I could do to not cry on the phone - what a gift he is to his parents and to me!!! Just a reminder, this guy is now 15. How kool is that!

I just had to share....

Bobbi - What a neat grandson you have. And what a neat conversation that you will be able to ponder and think about for years to come. You must have done a great job with your kids for them to be able to pass this on to their kids. Congratulations on being that kind of parent - and a great quilter to boot. ;)

Sorry - I should have put the TW up but I was a bit weepy when I wrote this!

It's what we value most when giving the gift of a quilt, is the appreciation of our work on our heartfelt design. A true, deep and meaningful thank you from the bottom of their hearts.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments... I AM incredibly proud to be his grandma and yes, PJ, I think I did a stellar job of raising my two sons to be intelligent, compassionate, contributors to our society and to their own lives.... (BTW, I did it alone!)

I think there is a time when you are raising your children that you kinda hold your breath to see if they will turn out right... I was soooo blessed to not have to deal with that. Even with my steps... They are alllllllll wonderful!

Linzi - the card I sent was one that has music when you open it - It said on the front - YOU ROCK and it played "we will rock you!" LOL he loved that too....

Thank you to each of you for your wonderful comments - now I gotta go get more tissues!

That grandson will turn out alright; he knows values & properly appreciates them. That comes from being raised "right". You are so lucky, too, that he (as a boy) can express how he feels about his love for family.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful "family" story.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Archived