bit the bullett

Hey, just thought I'd share with you that I got the CL swirls templates. They arrived today. I am looking forward to using it. I have two quilts to finish before I can use it. I don't have the whole cl thing just the templates. kaching!!!!! I sure hope they are worth it. Any advice for using it? I have never used design boards before.

Tracey

P.S. Shana, I hope you are feeling better soon. I was sick for weeks and developed a severe sinus infection. 3 days on antibiotics finally I am starting to be able to function. Get better girlfriend:):):)

You bit the best bullett. the Swirls template is my very favorite. I have put it on contemporary quilts and vintage finds from ebay. It looks great on both. It is also forgiving on wavy quilts and they seem to come out fine. A tips from me is don't try putting just two templates on if you think the quilt is small enough go ahead and put all three on. It is a mess to try and get it lined up if you underestimate. You figured out how I know this. Ha Ha have you you are in for a treat.

Cl swirls is so easy to use, almost no learning curve. It looks so great on Asian quilts also.

I have done about 4 big quilts with this board and attracted 3 new customers. I might be the only longarmer with Cl swirls in our town right now.

Corey

Cheryll is right, you bit the best bullett!! Just position it on the table and do a practice run. When I am doing this template I do have to think or I pass those little fill in squares. You can go back when you finish the row and add them...but I kick my own butt when I miss one :)

Yes, you can sometimes miss sewing the little "flags" that fill-in the design....here's a tip I used when I first started this one (tip from Michael)...put little bits of painters tape where you need to "exit" to stitch the flags as a reminder that they are there! Or a little arrow with a sharpie.

You will love this template!

Archived